P2 Investments in shares produces more gains than assets
P3 Humanities and Health Professions
Passage 1： 聆听海洋的声音
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the reading passage above? In boxes 1-4 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given in the passage
1. In the past, difficulties of research carried out on Moon were much easier than that of ocean.
2. The same light technology used on investigation of moon can be employed in the field of ocean.
3. Research on the depth of ocean by method of sound wave is more time-consuming.
4. Hydrophones technology is able to detect the category of precipitation.
The reading Passage has seven paragraphs A-H. Which paragraph contains the following information? Write the correct letter A-H, in boxes 5-8 on your answer sheet. NB You may use any letter more than once.
5. Elements affect sound transmission in the ocean
6. Relationship between global climate and ocean temperature
7. Examples of how sound technology help people research ocean and creatures in it
8. Sound transmission under water is similar to that of light in any condition
Choose the correct letter, A，B，C or D.
Write your answers in boxes 9-13 on your answer sheet.
9. Who of the followings is dedicated to the research of rate of sound?
A Leonardo da Vinci
B Isaac Newton
C John William Strutt
D Charles Sturm
10. Who explained that the theory of light or sound wavelength is significant in water?
A Lord Rayleigh
B John William Strutt
C Charles Sturm
D Christopher Clark
11. According to Fox and colleagues, in what pattern does the change of finback whale calls happen?
A Change in various seasons
B Change in various days
C Change in different months
D Change in different years
12. In which way does the SOSUS technology inspect whales?
A Track all kinds of whales in the ocean
B Track bunches of whales at the same time
C Track only finback whale in the ocean
D Track whales by using multiple appliances or devices
13. What could scientists inspect via monitoring along a repeated route ?
A Temperature of the surface passed
B Temperature of the deepest ocean floor
C Variation of temperature
D Fixed data of temperature
3. NOT GIVEN
Passage 2：Investments in shares produces more gains than assets
Questions 21-23 人名配对(待补充)
Questions 24-26 填空(摘要)
Passage 3：Humanities and Health Professions
Questions 27-31 判断正误
31. NOT GIVEN
Questions 32-35 单选(待补充)